Sweet Escape Joys


The very long celebration of the Yuletide Season in the Philippines will soon be over. Colourful displays and the flickering lights will rest in boxes again. Songs of Christmas playing at every street you ill no longer hear... signs of happy holidays will soon be over, time to go back to more serious life. 
The Christmas Season is the most wonderful time of the year as the famous song by late Andy Williams tells about it and indeed, it is! I love Christmas-good time for reunions with kin folks and friends, gift-giving, food feast, bonuses (haha!) and it's a time when you will see everyone's smiling, cheerful, so merry... everyone's in a very happy mood.

  
Every year, MERALCO open it's gates to all who wants to experience their version of Christmas-- a very huge belen and lots of tiny colourful lights display plus the cute train to which kids at heart like me can ride into. They set up this gigantic belen sculpture every year (yeah, I know it 'cause actually, I'm working near the vicinity) but never get tired looking at it, it's so beautiful. It is crafted from copper wires just like the village houses below. I'm still wondering how long it took to finish all the sculptures, so intricately done! There's also these candy-colored houses near the train and a big christmas tree at the middle of the lawn.




I went here last January 4, 2013... yes, just me... but  being alone didn't made me lonely for I've been surrounded by lights and a scenery that amazes me.  I took a ride on the train with some random people and enjoyed that very short ride. I'm like a child again, savouring the joys like it was my first time experience. 

Have taken only a few pictures because my camera's battery hit empty. *sigh* 



Lessons learned: Use less flash and make sure to have it fully charged! hehehe


Categories:

Leave a Reply